Join us for the 3rd annual Deem National Pro-Am at Prairie View Golf Club in Carmel, Indiana.
Cohoat & O’Neal Golf Management is pleased to continue the Deem National Pro-Am, an event designed to generate funds for the Western Golf Association, Evans Scholars Foundation, and Central Indiana caddie programs. The Western Golf Association is among the oldest and most prestigious in the United States. They use their tournament legacy and reputation to further their charitable mission, the Evans Scholars Foundation, which awards college scholarships to caddies from modest means. The Evans Scholars Program is supported by more than 400 clubs and regional golf associations including the Indiana Golf Association.
The need to provide support for the Evans Scholarship Foundation has never been greater and collectively we in the State of Indiana would like to do our part. This event is expected to generate more than $50,000 for the Evans Scholarship Foundation and Central Indiana caddie programs.
Here’s a quick snapshot of this year’s event:
- Contested at Prairie View Golf Club in Carmel, Indiana
- New entry fee: $750/team if signed up by May 1st
- New summer date: Monday, July 20th
- Added: $5,000 amateur skins game
- Added: Senior team division
- Added: Practice round shootout event on Sunday, July 19th
- Added: Completely complimentary caddies for each group
- Format: Team 1-Best Ball Gross of the 2-man team
- $35,000 purse
- $1,000 entry fee for a 2-person team
- Proceeds go to the Western Golf Association’s Evans Scholarship Foundation, which directly benefits Central Indiana caddie programs
The Evans Scholars
- 270 full tuition and housing awards this year
- 965 Evans Scholars enrolled at 20 universities for the 2017-18 academic year
- Evans Scholarship Houses at 14 universities
- Comprehensive selection criteria include academics, financial need, caddie record and strong character and leadership
- Evans Scholars are campus leaders in academic and extracurricular activities
- Cumulative GPA is 3.3
- Graduation rate is 95 percent
- 10,617 Evans Scholars Alumni
- Nation’s largest scholarship program for golf caddies
- Golf’s favorite charity with over 30,600 annual Par Club members
- Program ambassadors include more than 500 WGA Directors nationwide
- More than $365 million in tuition and housing scholarships awarded all-time
- Average total value of an Evans Scholarship is more than $100,000 over four years
- Alumni contributed $10 million in 2016 and $114 million cumulatively
- $20 million in annual scholarship costs to be paid in 2017-18 academic year
- Program funding: Par Club contributions and major gifts, 72%; tournament and events, 18%; other contributions such as bag tag membership, memorials and bequests, 10%.