History & Mission
Since 2014, Cohoat & O’Neal has initiated a Caddie Program at both Prairie View Golf Club and Wood Wind Golf Club, with a goal to create a pipeline of qualified candidates for the Evans Scholarship. Two members of the Cohoat & O’Neal Management Team are Evans Scholars Alumni and creating opportunities for deserving caddies in our community to attend college is a passion of ours.
With the generous support of several corporate sponsors, we are creating caddying opportunities for high school students from the Indianapolis metro area, including students from Riverside Academy, Ben Davis HS, Ben Davis University HS, Cathedral HS, Cardinal Ritter HS, Lawrence North HS, Purdue Tech HS, Fishers HS, Carmel HS, Westfield HS, Lawrence Central HS, and Hamilton Southeastern HS. This program has provided the opportunity for kids to caddie more than 4,000 times since its inception.
The majority of the program is hosted at Prairie View and Wood Wind, but we also have the pleasure of providing other loop opportunities for outings and special events at partner clubs such as Hillcrest, Broadmoor, Highland, Crooked Stick, Meridian Hills, and Sagamore.
Leadership, training, and transportation is provided by caddie managers who are current Evans Scholars. Cohoat & O’Neal has a goal for continued expansion of this program, with the ultimate goal to qualify as many students as possible to earn the life-changing Evans Scholarship.
The Evans Scholarship provides full housing and tuition scholarship to deserving caddies nationwide. This is renewable for up to four years. Selected applicants must have a strong caddie record, excellent grades, outstanding character and demonstrated financial need.
Since the start of our program in 2014, Cohoat & O’Neal has had 16 caddies selected for the Evans Scholarship (please see list below).
Cohoat & O’Neal Evans Scholarship Recipients
- Lizzet Ochoa, Ben Davis University HS (PV)
- Deanna Aguilar-Hernandez, Riverside HS (PV)
- Mike Lupke, Cathedral HS (PV)
- Meris Shotton, Westfield H.S. (WW)
- Kaiden Miller, Cathedral H.S. (PV)
- Grayson Wittbrod, Noblesville H.S. (PV)
- Nicole Neuenschwander, Westfield HS (PV)
- Jacob Espey, Westfield HS (WW)
- Amber Hedges, Westfield HS (WW)
- Ashley Hedges, Westfield HS (WW)
- Hannah Vanderbosch, Cathedral HS (PV)
- Elliot Shide, Lawrence North HS (PV) (Declined Evans Scholarship in order to attend Ball State University on a Music Scholarship)
- Hayden Bauschka, Carmel HS (PV)
- Andrew Hedges, Westfield HS (WW)
- Megan Hedges, Westfield HS (WW)
- Ethan Parsley, Westfield HS (WW)